Week 6 Summer Fellows

7/31/18

On Tuesday I went to the studio and painted gesso on approximately five different panels that Denise was prepping for some new pieces to work on.  I was using a thin gesso so for each panel I had to paint 4-5 layers to get it ready for Denise.   Painting these layers on the panels took up the majority of my time at the studio.  When I was done , I cleaned both the brushes that I was using as well as the brushes that Denise had been painting with that day.


8/2/18


Today was a great day with Denise.  I met her at the studio and then we decided to go to the zoo!  We had talked about taking this trip a few weeks earlier and today was the perfect day to do it.  We both brought our sketch books to see if there was anything that we would like to draw.  I found it very difficult to draw these amazing animals.  I am used to drawing and painting humans in a more abstract kind of way.  We walked around the entire zoo.  My favorite areas of the zoo are the gorillas , tigers and monkeys.  They are fascinating to watch!  I was sad to find out that the polar had died.  While we were at the gorilla area of the zoo, we sat for a while and started sketching.  We both found it very difficult to sketch out these animals.  It’s just something very different than we are both used to.  We also tried to sketch the giraffes but there was not a very good view for us to sit and watch them.  Even though we didn’t have the best luck with sketching I was able to take many pictures of a variety of animals at the zoo.  I noticed that the zoo has changed a lot since the last time I was there.   They now have cages where many of the animals can walk around freely right above you.  You do have to be careful though that they don’t pee on you.  It was interesting to see them in a completely different way and it almost seemed as though they were walking around the zoo right there with you.  I am sure they like the freedom that it gives them also.  Aside from my difficultly sketching animals, it was a great day and so much fun to do something I had not done in a really long time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction