Third Travel

       Today was my third travel. Im kind of upset to know that these travels are over. I really got to enjoy my time with these kids. They are all a little different but all so much fun. It was really awesome for me to get to learn from these kids. Today we got to make coil pots. It was really interesting to just witness how each kid made each project. I thought it was a lot of fun to just see how the kids made their pots. Coil pots are one of the more difficult pieces just because they have more steps. We had six kids today and they are were all really good. 
We left the studio around 3 and got to stop at Starbucks! :) when we get there we put paper down to cover the table and then waited for the kids to come. Jiovanni got there 10 minutes early so he got to help us set up. Once most of the kids got there Shae started to do the demo. Most of the boys don’t really pay attention to the demo which is kind of funny. When they all started to make the project they all did pretty good on there own. Me and Shae walked around and helped the kids get caught up who came in a little late. 
Overall, getting the opportunity to go on this travel gave me a lot of good experience. It helped me get an idea of what art therapy would be like if I were to pursue this as a career. This is pretty much the reason why I wanted to do the summer fellows program and I feel like it did give me something to think about. Working with these kids was different than anything I’ve done before. I’ve worked with all types of kids, but something about this was just new to me. I really enjoyed this travel.


Update on summer camp: its been interesting. I spend most of my time labelling or clear glazing in the studio. I only really help the kids if there is 4 or more kids or if someone wants to use the wheel. I like wheel throwing so I find it fun to help with the wheel. The work can get a little tedious because its the same thing most days but it is still pretty good. I try to work with the kids though whenever I have the opportunity. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction