So today was my last day at Say It With Clay. In the morning I worked with Shae. There were 5 girls and we listened to Disney music all morning. It was a lot of fun and I had the kids guessing which movie each song was from. It was really cute when all the girls would sing. I spent most of the morning just labeling the kids pieces from the day before. I really enjoyed just getting to laugh with all of the kids. 
Around lunch time Lacey came in with brownies and they were amazing! Its been our little joke since we went to the JCC. She also gave me a gift from her mom Abbie. It was so cute! She gave me a ring holder that she made, a sketchbook that had “You are amazing” on the cover and a cute thank you card. It really meant a lot to me.
In the afternoon we only had one child so I spent most of the afternoon putting clear glaze on the pieces that came out of the bisque firing. This job is kind of tedious but it was still fun. It was nice to be able to just talk to Lacey and hang out for the last day. I also did get to help the girl that was in the studio on the wheel and she made a lot of improvement! Her pieces turned out really good. 

Overall I had a really good time working here and I got a lot of great experience. I don’t know if I have really figure out whether I want to go for Art Therapy or Teaching. I really feel like I go to learn a lot about clay and just different ways to get the kids involved. I got to find out how a non-profit works. I also got to find innovative ways to reuse the clay and glazes. I think that this fellowship really helped me grow as a student. It was great working for Abbie, she really cares for all of her workers and is very understanding. Everyone is very nice who works there and it is a very free and nice environment. The studio is also really great space to work. Abbie has allowed me to come back whenever I want just to work on my own projects. I really happy I had the opportunity to do this fellowship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction