Another lesson on the loom

After the first two weeks, I started feeling changes in my body from the repetitive work, positive for the most part. One of them was MUSCLE MEMORY, which I have experience it before but never this way. The same knots that were taking me a minute to make was taking me 3 seconds after so much practice, I got so much better at threading the tiny thread into the metal hook, my right arm feels so strong almost as if i'm gaining muscles from tying knots. It is crazy. I realise that positions MATTER so much after hours of working. I think this is applicable to any craft, or any practice that require physical work: take some minutes to figure out a way to transform your surroundings into a more comfortable space, it could be lowering the chair, turning a lamp on, use a better tool, or even put bandits on your fingers to prevent from hurting. This little lesson was key.  There needs to be a balance on how much your body is adapting to the craft and making the tools are adapting to your body as much as possible. Specially since this practice is something I want to include in my artistic life. It might look like small lessons, but I think learning the technique is as important as taking care of your body while doing it, it will make it easier and more enjoyable!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction