Week 5- Summer Fellows 2018

7/24/18

I was back working with Denise this week.  On Tuesday I went to the studio.  I starting out by outlining the shapes on her painting with white thin tape.  This helps Denise to have smoother edges for her piece.  Then we mixed different paint colors to create new colors for certain parts of the painting that she is working on.  I used these new colors to paint different shades of green throughout her painting.  Denise was happy with the way the piece was turning out.  When we finished we that piece we removed the taped outline and reused the tape on other areas of the painting.  When I was done with the painting I helped with cleaning up the studio for the remainder of the day.  I t was great being back working with Denise.


7/26/18


Today was similar to Tuesday.  I outlined other shapes on the same piece we were working on Tuesday.  This time we created a new color mixing pink and blue to create a mauve color.  Same as Tuesday I helped paint with the new color within the outlined shapes  that I created.   We went back into the shapes we painted on Tuesday and made the outlines very straight and smooth while cleaning up the edges.   We also created a bright orange layer on the painting.  This was something that Denise had already started on her own so I helped her finish a second layer.    When we were done painting, I cleaned jars of old paint so that Denise could reuse them for new color creations using either flash or acrylic.  I have learned from Denise that flash is a type of paint used to create outdoor murals because it is vinyl paint.  Even though it is for outdoor painting Denise uses flash for her paintings on canvases or panels.  I swept the floors, cleaned her brushes and took the trash out behind the building.   I am learning so much from Denise about how professional painters work so hard and focus on the details in their work.  Denise is not only a great artists but also an extremely kind person who I have really been learning a lot from.   I am excited that I still have a few weeks left to work with her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction