Summer Fellow week 7 2018



8/7/18

Today I went back to the studio.  I spent most of the day creating new designs for Denise.  Denise wanted me to create some new design ideas that she could use for both some of her new paintings as well as some designs for printmaking.  I created 2 separate large designs that used the same smaller design over and over again.  By repeating the same smaller design over and over it then became one larger design.  For example, the smaller designs that were put together to create the larger complete design may have used many different sizes of the same design.  I used basic shapes and lines to create these larger designs.  I feel like this project went pretty well.  Denise seemed to be happy with some of the designs that I created.  I hope to see them used in some of her future pieces.  When I was done with the design project I helped with some clean up around the studio.


8/9/18

I went back to the studio again today to meet up with Denise.   Today she had me working on spraying paint on the surfaces of the new canvases that she would be working on.  We used light blue, maroon and yellow for the first coat of paint and smudged, sprayed water and used paper to create a textured background.  I also used some rubbing alcohol to create white spots throughout the background.  Eventually Denise will add the designs that I created for her to the piece with mat medium.  She will use different designs that I created.  When it dries on the surface she will tear some of the paper off to create an abstract textured piece.  She will also use paint markers, paint and Chinese paper with her pieces.  She tells me that it just depends on what she decides she wants to use.  There are no specific rules, she just goes with what she feels will work best at the time.  Later I taped edges for some of the new surfaces that she will eventually use.  I also cleaned her floors and brushes and took her cute dog out a few times so that she could continue working on her pieces that she is getting ready for a show.  I love dogs so I was very happy to help her with Mr. Griffin. 



See below for some of the pieces that I helped Denise work on and a picture of Mr. Griffin!

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction