First Travel

This was the first time I had an opportunity to go on a travel. First I was in camp for the morning and part of the afternoon. The kids keep surprising me. This week we had a set of twins that were six and they were really funny. They told me about how even though they are twins they have different birthdays. I thought that that was really cool to find out. All throughout the day I was really excited for the chance to go on a travel. I was really just excited to finally see a little bit of an inside into what being an art therapist would be like. 
Once the afternoon came It all started to go by pretty fast. Shae got there around 2 and once 2:30 came we started to get things ready. The travel is at a place called Partners in Mount Holly. It takes about a half hour to get there from Say it With Clay. We were going to do a project with the kids were they get to create there own monsters. It was really interesting to me to see how the kids interact with each other. We slowly started to have boys show up and when there were three of them together it started to get a little crazy because not everyone was there so we couldn’t start the project yet. We ended up having 8 kids come. I was a really good experience for me because I got to work with all types of kids that were going through something whether it be autism, parents getting a divorce, or any type of mental, emotional or physical problem. I really enjoyed getting the opportunity to work with these kids. It was really interesting to just see them work with the clay. One of the kids made a dinosaur which turned out amazing. 

It was also really crazy to me how fast some of them would blow through the project. We have the kids create and paint their piece all at the same sitting so it was interesting how some kids took an hour, some took an hour and a half. I really just feel like I learned so much from this travel. It was an amazing opportunity. I think this helps me see into art therapy a lot more than the camp does. I am very grateful that I got the chance to work with these kids. I cant wait till I get to go again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction