Day 4 by Kat Moore

On Day 4 we took a trip to the Barnes Foundation on the Philadelphia Parkway. The current exhibition features the work of Jean Renoir. I watched a couple of his short films featured in the exhibit and looked at his paintings. Jean Renoir's films caught my attention the most. I enjoyed the black and white cinema, and its arbitrariness. His films were very "avant-garde" like, at moments I could understand and follow the characters but at times the structure of the film would change. I also had the chance of looking at the permanent collection at the Barnes.
It wasn't my first time at the Barnes Foundation so the permanent collection was something I've seen before. Throughout my visit to the museum, I had opportunities to snap photos for reference for my future pieces.
 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction