Day 5 by Kat Moore

Today was definitely a studio day.
 
Dot spoke to the director about what was needed to make the space work for the exhibition. The space is roughly a good size for a solo show with a giant window at the front of the room giving good natural light. It was great experience for me to see the process of an artist preparing for a solo show. The curator and Dot discussed what was necessary for the show and the ideal outcome of display. I've leaned that a lot of thought goes into the process of having a solo show, and the artist holds a lot of freedom to express themselves in one room. This excites me because throughout the process I could only imagine myself in the same situation, and one day being able to have a solo show somewhere. After helping Dot with her test piece (previous days) she decided to start working on the actual piece for her upcoming solo show at Allen's Lane Art Center. This piece is a completely different piece with metal wire and cement. First, I started by cutting the wire piece in to a rectangular flat. Then we laid down paper to protect the floor. After, I laid down the wire I cut to pour cement onto one end of it. Mixing the cement was difficult because of the thickness and the amount of cement I had to mix without a machine mixer, after the mix I poured the cement onto the wire. The exhibition will be up and ready in mid September and I can't wait to see the finished show.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction