Introduction

Hi my name's Gina Rose, I'm a crafts major with a concentration in glass. I'm originally from Long Island, New York, I graduate in the Fall of 2018. I've grown a lot over the years at The University of the Arts, I came to the school thinking I would concentrate in ceramics. Mainly because I attended an arts high school junior and senior year. Where I developed a love for ceramics and throwing on the wheel. It definitely helped me really focus in art earlier then college which was very nice. From that I also attended a pre-college class at Adelphi University on Long Island, that was a ceramics class that we learned how to do raku. I was beyond amazed with the results, they came out looking metallic! They are still featured in my mothers collection at her home.

Getting into glass at Uarts I was a freshman in an intro class, I was so excited that I was lucky enough to be there. That class we were taught the basic skills like the safety of the shop and blowing small bubbles out of something that appeared to look like lava! There I noticed this material is incredible and I wanted to discover tons more of what it could do. Fast forward to my junior year I developed skills to make cups, stained glass windows, fusings, torch work and tons more. the end of my sophomore year to junior I started to experiment with bottle glass, I though it was fascinating that you could reuse the bottles and just create other shapes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction