Introduction - Nina & Nicole

Hey!

I'm Nina Maria. I'm an Illustration major, about to go into my junior year at UArts. So far I've learned a lot about expression and intricacy - my biggest challenge has been overcoming the expectations I put on myself, and exploring what I do like instead. Patterns, linework, simplicity.

I also found, this past semester, a deep love for hand done font. I love the graphic side of illustration - posters, book covers, quotes, and anything else that has to do with type. I can really see myself pursuing a type driven career, with greeting cards and wedding invitations and wrapping paper.

Meeting with Nicole has been hugely exciting. I'm going to be working with her for ten weeks, both during her camp at Eiland Arts Center, and within her coffee shop The Station. I'm going to be learning a lot about the business side of art - managing yourself, attracting customers, putting on shows, teaching children, and balancing social media.

I'm super excited to get started!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction