Week 2- Summer Fellows 2018

5/29/18 – I was excited to get back to work with Denise for my second week.  When I got to the studio I got to work sanding the panels that Denise needed sanded so that the surface would become very smooth and ready for the next layer of gesso.  I painted the gesso on to the surface.  It takes 30 minutes for the gesso to dry and then at that point Denise decides wether or not the panels need to be sanded again.  I also was trying to get old paint out of some plastic jars so that Denise could reuse these jars again for her paint.  These activities took up the majority of the day.

5/31/18 – Denise was preparing for her exhibition at the Curtis Center for the end of the week.  I helped Denise wrap the edges of her paintings with bubble wrap to protect them from damage as they were taken down to Center City for the exhibition.  We spent much of the afternoon packing up her work to be transported down to the Curtis Center.  When we got to the Curtis Center we unloaded Denise’s work and brought her work into the back of the building.  We also met with the exhibition organizer to talk about where and how her work would be shown.  I helped hang Denise’s work for the exhibition.

6/1/18 – Denise invited me to come to the opening reception at the Curtis Center.  I went down about 6:00.  I brought my sister along with me to check out the show and support Denise and her work.  Denise was showing approximately 6 pieces at the exhibition.  There were other artists there also showing their work.  Each artist had their own section of the room to display their work.  People at the exhibition seemed to be interested in possibly purchasing some of Denise’s work but did not commit to buying right then.  It was interesting and fun to see people looking at art work and making decisions as to buy or not buy an artist’s work.  I



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction