Week 4 - Summer Fellows





 Week 4 – Summer Fellows


6/12/2018

On 6/12/18 I went back to the studio with Denise and we decided to head over to Kelly Drive to sketch for a while. It was fun to leave the studio and do something different.  We each brought a sketch book and picked a spot under a tree to start sketching.  We sketched the river and parts of boathouse row.  We sketched on our own but afterwards Denise answered any questions that I had about how to make my sketches better.  I was pretty happy with my sketches and I asked Denise some questions about my work.  After we were done sketching we went to Artists and Craftsman in Chestnut Hill to pick up some supplies that Denise needed for her studio which included glass jars, paint markers and colored ink.  Denise also asked me to pick up some supplies for her in Center City to bring back with me on Thursday.  When we were done I jumped on the train to go back to Center City.  It was a great day with Denise.



6/14/2018

I had picked up the panels that Denise needed yesterday and brought them to the studio on Thursday.  Denise was thankful that I was able to do this for her.  On Thursday, Denise asked me to drill some holes on the back of a panel that she had previously used.  The panel was uneven and didn’t hang properly and straight.  I was able to drill triangle wood on the back of the panel to even it out so that the panel would hang straight.  When I was done with that project I taped the edges of some of her new panels so that they could be painted with gesso and sanded for a smooth finish. I did two of those panels and now they are ready for her to use whenever she needs them.  I also spent more time putting together creating some new doodle drawings but this time I wasn’t creating lines but I was creating these drawings using different shapes.  We created these drawings using both squares and circles.  I enjoyed this project much more than the line project.  When we were done with the shape project we used a thin brush to put PVA on the new panels that had just been sanded and painted with gesso.

It’s been a great 4 weeks so far with Denise and I will be back to the studio on July 24th to continue working with her.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction