Introduction

Hi everyone,

My name is Madison Mayhew and I am going into my sophomore year at Uarts. I am a sculpture major and am trying to figure out whether or not I want a minor in art therapy. My alumni-host is Abbie Kasoff. She is the founder of Say It With Clay, which is a clay therapy organization. The organization is a non-profit that works with children, adults, people with disabilities, marriage counseling and hold many different fun camps and classes. 
This summer I will have the opportunity to work at Say It With Clay two days a week and will get to assist during the children’s summer camp as well as have the opportunity to go on field work with different staff members. While there I will get to understand one of the areas that a art therapist can work. I will also begin to understand exactly what art therapists do. 
Im really excited to just be surrounded by different artists who are just looking to help people. I think that this will really help me grow and begin to understand what it is that I want to do in the future.


P.S. Im allowed to use the clay studio and all of the supplies for free! I’m really excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction