Day 1 by Kat Moore

Day1: helping Dot with her test project pieces

Hey, Everyone, I'm Kat and I'll be a senior at Uarts this September. Craft +Material Studies (Fibers) is my major and for my internship this summer I'm working with an alum from the fibers program. I will be helping Dot Vile construct heavy material pieces of hers, and getting a head start on my senior thesis project. This was the first day and it was amazing! It was also my first time using a double cut saw, I was a little intimidated at first because of the sparks but after the first cut, I became very used to the process. The pieces I cut out were for a test piece that involves heavy materials such as concrete and metal. After cutting Dot and I went to HomeDepot to pick up some supplies for the next time we meet up. We bought more concrete and I bought some materials to make test pieces myself for the senior thesis.  

Comments

  1. Wow that looks interesting and fun although I would likely cut off my hand or start a fire which is why I am a painter. Hope your internship is going well and you are creating some cool pieces with Dot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction