Day 3 by Kat Moore

On the third day with Dot, the curator of Allen's Lane Art Center came to look at possible works that will be shown at the gallery. The curator snapped photos of the pieces I helped on and talked on his excitement of the solo show. After the visit Dot and I took a trip to the Fabric Workshop and Museum. We had a small tour of the studio spaces in the museum and saw the artist Ursula Von Rydingsvard's solo show called The Contour of Feeling. I had to awesome opportunity to the hidden screen printing in museum and actually get a close look at how the screen printing ink was made and the workshops process of screen printing repeat patten. I took screen printing class at Uarts with a professor who is the head of the screen printing at the Fabric Workshop. When the person giving to tour explained the printing process it related to the experience of her teaching the class at Uarts.  I really enjoyed Ursula Von Rydingsvard's work because throughout looking at her pieces I could see her process of where she started to add texture to her wood sculptures and where she ended. Rydingsvard's work is very textured based and that's what I enjoy most out of her different pieces of wood sculptures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction