Day 2 by Kat Moore

Hi Everyone!
So to follow up, on day two I continued to help Dot with her practice pieces. I laid down cement and helped with cutting metal wire. I never worked with cement as a medium, but working with it for the first time I immediately bonded to how inexpensive and heavy the material is. With concrete the artist is able to mold and sculpt the concrete into what ever shape is possible and I find the material useful for projects in the future. These practice pieces are small studies of the actual large and heavy pieces that will be featured in Dots solo show at Allen's Lane Art Center. Today I mixed a huge batch of concrete to fit within the the metal wire. The with Styrofoam acts as a barrier to help control where the concrete is going and to define the its shape. After mixing concrete and cutting Dot and I went out on a trip to collect materials. We went to Jomar, which is a fabric store in south Philadelphia to look for some fabric that I can use for my projects.                                    

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slam Magazine Cover Shoot

Week 3 Art Restoration with Kat and Megan

Introduction